Sunday, June 10, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training- Week 10 recap

Week 10. Week 10?!?!! I can't believe that I am only 2 weeks away from my first 1/2 marathon. 


Tues, Wed, Thur: 3-5-3. My Thur run was in the pouring-down-cats-and-dogs-so-wet-you-can't-see-a-thing rain. I got home and my thighs were numb. I was SO WET and SO proud of myself. Who goes out in the pouring down rain just to get in a 3 mile run? This girl does! A runner does! Training for this 1/2 marathon has been so much more about the commitment and mental toughness required to get in my training runs, then it has about the actual miles I log. 


Sat: 11 miles! My pace was spot on (11:24) and I felt pretty solid the entire run. The last 1/2 a mile was tough and I am going to need some additional fuel for my 12 miler next weekend. Today I have been experiencing some numbness in my big toe on the foot that I have been wearing the brace on. I'm not really sure what to make of it being numb. Maybe my brace was too tight? Maybe my laces were too snug? Hmmm.... I did get some super comfy "sport" socks at Target. They say that they have wicking, additional heel support, and reinforced everything. They were super comfy and I look forward to wearing them again. :)
My other ankle is starting to feel like the one with the brace. Hopefully I won't have to get another brace. At the rate I am going this old body of mine will be help together with bubble gum when I approach the starting line.


Sun: An easy 30 minutes on the cardio machines at the gym, followed by a soak in the hot tub. 


I can't believe that this is my last full week of training. 3-5-3-12-cross is my plan for the week and then I taper the following week 3-2-2 rest days-13.1. I'm gonna make it. I can see my finish line!

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.