Monday, June 4, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training- Week 9 Recap

This week I......wait for it....ran. Yep, that's what I do. I run. And I run. When that gets boring, I run some more. It was a recovery week, so I "only" ran 6 miles on my long run. It's pretty amazing to think that 6 weeks ago that was my long run.

Searching for when I first did 6 miles, I discovered this post from November 2010. I had decided to do a 1/2 marathon over the course of a week. I was still on the treadmill. I was excited because I had just broken a 12 minute mile! I remember how hard that week was. Seeing that my pace is only a minute faster than it was almost a year and a half ago is a bit discouraging. I have to wonder what pace I could keep on a treadmill today. Surely your pace slows when you are outside, combating weather conditions and cracks in the street. Plus there is the whole rotating wheel factor. The ground doesn't move when I am running on the sidewalk.

I have 2 more long runs (miles 11 and 12) and then the big race. It is approaching quickly and I am terrified! I know that I can do it, but I want to do it well. When I first signed up for the race, I gave an estimated completion time of 2.5 hours. According to this time calculator my current pace (between 11 and 12, so I picked 11:30), I will complete the race in 2 hours, 30 minutes and 29 seconds. Hopefully race day excitement will kick in and I can gain a little wiggle room.

Had a great cross training day with the kids in tow yesterday. I want to tell you all about it, but I gotta jet to work. Maybe tomorrow??? Let's just say that it involved jumping jacks in the middle of the road and retracing our route to find the keys........

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.