Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Carrots, celery, and apples, OH MY!

Reporting from the front lines of my eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day April goal.  It's the start of day 3 and I'm happy to report that the first 2 days were a success. Confession time- last night I had carrots and blueberries as an evening snack because I hadn't met my goal for the day. I wasn't even hungry, but I ate them because that was my goal. :) Planning is definitely going to be the key this month. I need to have a fruit or veggie every single time I eat to make this happen. 

How do I feel? To be honest, a little icky. Is this normal? I am eating WAY more fruits and veggies that I was before. I'm hoping that my body is just adjusting to different foods. Besides feeling icky, I am also super full. Full is a good feeling! I woke up today with a growling tummy. I can't remember the last time I woke up and was truly hungry. Good things are happening in my body....I just know it! The kids and I are going to head to the produce shop to buy a variety of vegetables. It's become evident that we have very little in this house when it comes to fresh produce. 

Sissy is in love with Junie B Jones. We are on spring break and I have spent the last two days being followed around by a nearly 8 year old reading Junie B Jones books to me. That kid (Junie B AND Sissy) cracks me up! It's nice to be home and be able to spend time with the darlings. They are pretty stinking amazing if I do say so myself.

Day 3 of my fruit/veggie challenge..... I already had some spinach with my eggs (a new fav!). How do you get in your veggies?????

~Kari


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.