Friday, February 7, 2014

Growing and Learning

0.3 pounds.... Less than 1/2 a pound in 2 weeks. Well, I have 2 choices

- Pitch a fit because I should have lost 3-4 pounds
- Celebrate how far I've come



I choose to celebrate! I'm growing in my understanding of how food works in my body. I've moved beyond eating the lowest calorie food I can find to eating foods that really fuel my body and meet my nutritional needs. I pass on non-fat yogurt and diet soda. I eat vegetables because I like them, not because I have to eat them. If I don't like a food, I cook it differently to see if I like it prepared in a new way. I have more than cinnamon as a spice in my cupboard. (True story- before I was married that really was the only spice I had!) I plan out my meals. I read about nutrition. I exercise because I want to, not because I have to. 

I'm growing and that growth will last a lifetime!

At a pound a month it will take me 2 years to get back to my all-time low of 193. 2 years. That seems like a long time. I should live another 40 years if all goes as planned. 2 years is such a small amount of time (5%) compared to the rest of my life. I don't want it to take 2 years, but if that's what it takes, then I am willing to put in the time. 

All we have is time.
I choose to spend mine growing and learning. 
How are you spending yours?

~Kari



About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.