Friday, February 17, 2012

How I Measure Up

I decided in early January that I needed to do something to change my exercise plan. Change is hard for me. My schedule is tight. My workout routine is set. Change is hard for me! I came back to my New Rules of Lifting for Women book. Last week I completed the first phase of workouts. Hubby was kind enough to measure me today. (He hates this job, but does it anyhow...)

DateWeightWaistHipsArmThighChest
1/1/2012194.43842.2511.522.538.5
2/17/2012191.43641.1211.522.7537.5


Whoop! Whoop! I am really pleased with my progress. My weight hasn't changed much, but I am SUPER stoked about the changes that I am seeing through my mid section. My legs are getting stronger. I am running further and longer. While my thigh measurement is larger than before, I am ecstatic with the appearance and tone that I am started to see through my thighs.
I also see a lot more definition in my shoulders and calves.

I started Stage 2 of New Rules last Friday. The workouts are harder and longer. There are more compound exercises. The *rest* periods are longer and much more necessary. :) I'm not in love with a few of the exercises, but am reserving final judgement until I finish this stage.

What about my group fitness classes????? I miss them, but am comfortable with my choice to pursue my own workouts at this point. I've learned how to push myself. I've learned how to ask for help when I don't know what to do. I've learned to do it (push ups....planks....static lunges....etc) even when I don't want to because I know that they are good for my body. I pop in to group classes when I have time to spare, but it feels so good to know that if I am on a limited schedule and can't fit in a class, that I can still get in a great workout. (Full disclosure.... I'm not perfect. I did skip my lifting workout today because I've been sick all week and took an extra rest day. Tomorrow I will be back at it!)
Have a great weekend and please, please, please put down the pink weights and lift a little bit more! :)

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.