Monday, February 20, 2012

Still Learning

It's amazing how far I've come and yet, even more amazing, is how much more I have to learn!

Since it was President's day, I had the day off and had an opportunity to attend a great Boot Camp class at my gym. Everyone has been raving about the class, but it's only offered during the day when I am normally at work. Kristi is an amazing instructor because she "gets" that people are in different places, but is always pushing you just a little bit farther with each and every workout. A few things I learned today....

~ The TRX ropes will not break when I use them! I've always seen the ropes, but have been terrified that they would break. Guess what? They didn't break! They didn't even start to tear. (Just checked- the recommended TRX weight is 350...) There is still this small part of me that sees those ropes and sees a 356 pound girl. A girl that would actually be too big to use the system.

~ I am getting stronger! I haven't taken a group class in several weeks. It was SO COOL to take a class today and be able to notice the difference in my performance. We were doing this medicine ball sit-up toss with a partner and I was able to got all the way back and then sit up again. 2 months ago, I would have been lucky to sit half way back and then get back up again.

~ I can go to Burger King and don't have to order anything. I took the kiddos there to play, got them lunch, and just sat back visiting with a friend, and enjoyed my yummy Starbucks skinny latte. I don't have to order fast food just because I am there.

~ Shopping is actually starting to be fun. I went into 3 different stores today and was able to comfortably fit into large shirts and size 12 pants. I had to giggle today in Old Navy as I was slipping into my size 12 jeans and remembering the first time I tried on 14's and couldn't believe that they fit!

I'm continuing to change and grow. It's exciting to see. I look forward to what is still to come. I think that I need a new blog name! See, I'm no longer weighting. I still have some weight to lose, but I am no longer weighting. I'm living and looking forward to what is to come.

Hmmmm....gonna have to ponder this one. Any suggestions???

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.