Monday, December 24, 2012

A quickie + home exercise option

Merry Christmas!!!! It's Christmas Eve (not techniclaly since eve implies evening, but you get my drift) and I'm getting ready to head to the gym. No, I'm not one of those crazy fitness fanatics that is totally addicted to exercise. I have learned over the past 3.5 years (!!!!) of weight loss/management that I am a better everything when I take 30-60 minutes to move my body in ways that are out of my "normal". The gym and kid area open at 8. I'll be the crazy lady at the door waiting for them to unlock the door. It's Monday. I lift on Monday's. :) 

It looks like I forgot to post my weigh in last Wednesday. 

Current weight: 206.1
Maintenance weight: 193

I'm getting back. I should be back into maintenance by Valentine's day. There will be no weigh in this week. Come on, give the girl some slack!

If you can't get to the gym today, but are looking for a great workout, I wanted to share with you Kelly's video. It's a great 30 minute HITT workout that you can do at home with 0 equipment. There are a few exercise that I might grab my dumbbells for the next go around, but I was able to burn quite a few calories just using my body weight. One of the things that I adore about Kelly is that she is super committed to seeing the people that take her class succeed. She made this video for us because the club will be closed tomorrow and we can't come for class. Watch out for those trench crawls. I have some pretty ugly rug burns on my arms this morning. If possible, find a smooth area to lay down your yoga mat for that part OR opt for the up/downs option that she gives. You'll do each exercise for 50 sec with a 10 sec rest. 

Let me know if you try it. I'd love to hear what you think! I did it yesterday while hubby, Sissy, and Bug were laying in MY bed cheering me on. :)

Love on your family. Have one dessert instead of two. Fill half of your plate with veggies. Make choices that will matter long after the smell of mashed potatoes has left the building. 

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.