Friday, December 28, 2012

Ahhhh vacation

You often hear people say that the best part of teaching is winter and summer vacation. I wouldn't say that those are the *only* great parts of teaching, but they are pretty stinking awesome! 12 days of no work makes for one happy Kari. My days have been filled with playing with the kids, digging out from under major clutter, spending days with friends and family, and, of course, working out. 

One of the BEST things about vacation, for me, is not having to worry about squeezing in my workouts. Often you hear saying like, "It's only 1/24th of your day" or "Everyone has 30 minutes to spare". Usually my workouts are 45 min to an hour, but that's not all. There is the 15 minutes to drive to the gym (30 minutes there and back), the shower that is required EVERY single day because EVERY single day I smell like a locker room (15 minutes), convincing the kids that it would be fun to go to the gym or watch a movie so that mommy can work out at home (15-30 minutes). This adds up! On normal work day my 45-60 minute workout takes between 2 and 3 hours. Then it's dinner, homework, baths, and bed. It's totally worth it, but working out does take up more of my evening or requires me to get up before the chickens to get it done before work. 

It's 11:30 AM and we are all still in our jammies. The kids have both build tents in their bedrooms. One is called Club Tent and the other is Club Super Tent. They have rules that include: no touching my toys, no rock music (this ones for Daddy), and you have to get a hand stamp to come back later. We all have hand stamps for both clubs. I've run two loads of dishes, have cleaned above the fridge (YUCK!), and am loading up stuff to take to Goodwill. It's been a productive morning and I didn't even need to get dressed. This afternoon we will run by Goodwill, the bike shop (I have these quick release brakes that we a breeze to release and now I can't get them reattached! GRRRRR) and then off to the gym for a lifting session. 

I love my job. I love helping kids. I love working with teachers. 
I love Christmas vacation. :)

~Kari


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.