Thursday, October 17, 2013

I'm so NOT fine

My post 2 days ago was pretty discouraging. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. I started this blog to chronicle my journey and to encourage others along the way. Part of my quest to find balance and health comes with bad days, sometimes even bad weeks. After just "putting it out there" I felt an instant sense of relief. My community loved on me. People now know that I am struggling. I am the spokesperson for "I'm fine. It's fine. It's no problem" when I'm often not fine. I'm a fixer and currently there are some situation in my life that I can't fix. I can support. I can encourage, but I can't fix. There is a stress in not knowing all the answers. 

Since that post I am happy to report that I have slept really well for 2 nights in a row. Yesterday I tracked my food, got in my water, and had a good early morning run. I went to bed feeling amazing. Feeling in control again. 

Fitness wise I've been doing an e-course called Up and Running. It's fantastic! My goal is to run a 5K without walking on 11/3/13. I've run several 5K's but have never done it without walking. I am also lifting 3 days a week. I am on Stage 2 of New Rules of Lifting for Women. 

My Fitness Pal and I have become BFFs....again. I am cutting myself some serious slack and allowing myself 1800 net calories until I can get a Metabolic test done to find out how many calories my body really needs. 

Things are looking up. I'm refocused and aware of how work stressors have been affecting my food intake and self care (sleep, water, etc).

How are YOU?

~Kari


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.