Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Satisfied?

How does someone become "satisfied" with their weight? Do you ever reach that point where you're "good" with where you are at? I busted my butt at 193 pounds to lose weight- recording, exercising, training for a 1/2 marathon, and passing up party invitations for fear of what type of food they'd be serving.

Between my 1/2 marathon last June and this past summer (2013) I gained 16 pounds. It wasn't on purpose. It just sort of happened. I spent the summer sitting around 210. I tried recording again. I just can't get back into it. I tried eating "clean". That's HARD! I've made some improvements in that area but am still a work in progress. 

I started lifting again (using New Rules of Lifting for Women) a few weeks ago and am loving it. I feel stronger than I have in a long time. My muscles are starting to reappear. 

I get to be my sons soccer coach and I am loving it! I love playing, running, chasing those kids. It really is a highlight of my week. 

Good things are happening. I'm 18 pounds heavier than my "maintenance-didn't-know-this-was-maintenance" weight. 

My current weight does not satisfy me. Not because it's over 200. Not because it's a gain. My running is slower because I am heavier. This weekend I am doing 7Sar (super stoked!) and it will be more difficult to hurl my body over and through obstacles. 

At 193 I was "frail". To maintain 193 I was eating 1200-1400 calories a day. I would get dizzy. My nails were weak. I was malnourished.

I wish I had some great ending to this blog. Some revelation. 

I'm satisfied with my progress in fitness. I'm satisfied with the new healthy, clean habits I've implemented. I'm satisfied with my appearance. 

(Satisfied does not equal done. Just happy with the direction I'm going.)

Weight is just a number.... right? 

~Kari


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.