Friday, March 7, 2014

How to gain 3 pounds without even trying

How to Gain weight without even trying:

1. Keep recording your food, but skip a few days and eat after you've clicked your "I finished eating for today" button.
2. Drink little to no water. 
3. Don't measure your bowl of ice cream because it's been a long week.
4. Don't record the mid-day fun size candy bar. It's fun! How many calories can fun be?
5. Skip the scale. You don't need the scale to tell you that you've gained weight. Ok, this step isn't required, but it does make the slide into weight gain easier. 


Yep, I gained 3 pounds in two weeks. This puts me right back to where I started. Ok, not really where I STARTED, but back to where I was a few weeks ago. 

That's the bad news. Here's the good news:

1. I have been recording (not accurately, but still giving it a go!) for 57 days. I have not given up or completely abandoned ship.
2. My family tried tofu last night. We didn't like it, but we tried it. My kids are getting experiences with food that I never had. My youngest even swallowed down a single bite because I told him it was healthy.
3. I'm 1/2 way through my 1/2 marathon training (6 miles this weekend!). I wish I wasn't 30 pounds heavier than I was at my last 1/2 marathon, but nutritionally I think I am healthier than I was back then.
4. My kids are IN LOVE with green smoothies. A bunch of fruit really does hide the spinach. (See #2)
5. I've been able to release my need to control in an icky work situation. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm ready to roll with it.


It's Friday! I'm ready to track my food (ALL of it) and water for the day. Hydration for my long run tomorrow is essential. That will help me suck down the fluids today. I'm becoming convinced that my lack of fluid is what is causing my cravings at night and bloating. 

How do you track your water?

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.