Saturday, June 21, 2014

Diet Bet- 3 weeks in

3 week in to a diet bet and I am learning lots!

Not losing lots, but learning lots.




3 weeks in to my Dietbet

I had a big drop after week 1- typical with any weight loss program.

Week 2 I maintained. Truth be told- I didn't even try. It was the last week of work (school) and life was crazy busy. Food was everywhere. Stress level was through the roof.
 
Week 3 I upped my water and tracked every day. I lost a little more and felt amazing.
 
After 3 weeks (only really on track for 2 of them), I have lost 5.8 pounds. 6 pounds in 3 weeks. 2 pounds a week. I'll always take 2 pounds a week.
 
I have 9 days and 3.5 pounds to go. TMI (but necessary)- my cycle should start today and that is always good for a few pounds of weight. I'd never attempt to lose 3.5 pounds in 9 days, but with PMS weight I might be able to "win".
 
Lessons learned so far:
- I've already won! I am regaining control over my eating and have reintroduced water in to my lifestyle. I feel great!
- I am able to eat a 2,000 calorie a day "diet" and still lose weight. That rocks! I've had some sort of treat every day and am still losing. As I get closer to my previous weight, I know that I'll have to reduce the quantity, but never to levels they once were.
- Not a new learning, but a good reminder... I need some sort of incentive. I need to be working towards a goal. My goals through this challenge have been daily. Goals like 3 veggies a day or 64 ounces of water really help to keep me focused. Noticed, no goals around eating X number of calories. I am averaging 1800-2000, but haven't been forcing myself to eat more or less. I eat until I'm hungry and that gets me though the day. The extra water is also helping to keep me feeling full.
 
 
 


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.