Thursday, June 12, 2014

Stepping on the scale


I'm two weeks into a Dietbet and I am pretty sure that I weigh more than I did when I started.
Today I received an email that said:
"Stepping on the scale on a regular basis will keep you accountable for your results! Studies show that people are more successful in losing weight when they weigh regularly".

More successful

Regular weigh-ins

Accountability

When I was that 192 pound girl with broken nails and frail hair I would weigh myself 3-4 times a day. I was successful. I was accountable. I was definitely regular.


The first week of my dietbet I lost like 4 pounds. Hurray, right?!
What did I do? I recorded my food.

The second week? Who knows! I'll weigh in tomorrow morning. I can tell you that I haven't recorded all week. It's the last week of school so there have been snacks and pizza EVERYWHERE! I ate chocolate chip cookies for breakfast today. It's bad. It's really bad. I'll be grateful next week when things get back to a more routine schedule.

I feel like a broken record. Woe is me. I don't like what the scale says. Woe is me. I can't find balance in recording and weighing myself. Woe is me.

I thought that once a week weigh-ins would be enough to keep me on track with my goals, but it totally hasn't worked. I KNOW that 3-4 times a day doesn't work.

I've been thinking a lot about needing other measures of success. Like a points system in school. I should get points for
- recording my food as best as possible
- working out for at least 20 minutes
- eating a fruit or veggie every time I eat
- drinking my water
- getting enough sleep

All of these things contribute to me being healthy.

Blargh! Woe is me.

~Kari


 

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.