Monday, September 1, 2014

August Running Update

Hey! It's September 1st and I'm doing my monthly running update. I think this is some sort of new record.

Here it goes:




 In August I ran 50.6 miles. None of them were on trails. :( I miss my trail runs. I need to figure out a way to fit them back in, but not until after my 5k on 9/27. I've got some serious goals for that race and trails won't get me there right now. 

My goal for this year was 250 400 miles in 2014. I am currently at 346.9 miles for the year. Wowza! I had a little slide in June/July, but am back up to where I want to be in August. 400 is a VERY attainable goal at this point. Whoop!


What else running related? I have a new foot brace and after a minor bout with a major blister it seems to be working great. My ankle is holding up nicely with only occasionally irritated tendons. 

My Nike's are starting to show signs of wear on the toe area. It's been almost a year since I bought them and they are both my run and bike shoe. It's probably time to start shopping. I'm thinking about switching to a clip-in bike shoe but am awfully scared of falling.....

One more cup of coffee and then I'm off for a run. ;)

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.