Thursday, June 2, 2011

Choosing to be Healthy

Excuse me while I toot my own horn....

I had dinner with a friend last night and am happy to report that I made the best choice for dinner. It got me thinking about the power that I had to make healthy choices. I chose off of the "lite" menu. I didn't have to. No one would fault me for choosing a cheeseburger over the grilled chicken.

choosing:
1. Pick out or select (someone or something) as being the best or most appropriate of two or more alternatives: "he chose a seat facing the door"; "many versions to choose from".
2. Decide on a course of action, typically after rejecting alternatives
 
I really like the second definition. I have had to reject unhealthy living. This may be the most amazing part of my journey- I choose to be healthy. Yep, I've lost a lot of weight. Yep, I am now an athlete. Yep, I now wear a size 12 and I once wore a size 30. Those things are all great, but none would have been possible had I not made the choice to be healthy. My success does not come from drinking a lot of water, taking a special pill, or even having a surgery. I have experienced success because I have made one choice after another that will help me reach my goals.

Here's the cool part!
You can make that choice.
You can choose to eat a healthy lunch.
You can chose to go for a walk.
One choice at a time....

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.