Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sticking to it...

After a rough start to my week, I am happy to report that things are going well. I started tracking my food again on Monday. I've always used Spark People (which I LOVE!), but a few of my friends use My Fitness Pal. I decided to check it out. Both of the sites are really similar, but I do have to admit that the interface for My Fitness Pal is a bit easier to use. One thing I don't like about it is that it gives you a calorie "goal", but it's a concrete number instead of a range. I've learned enough through Spark People to now my range. I much prefer living in a range. :) One thing that I love is that I can check on my friends and see what they are eating and I can support them better as they work towards their goals.

As far as exercise goes, this week has been a tricky one. I have had 2 late nights at work with one more late night to go. I usually take one day off from exercise each week. I took one late night as my "off" day. The other two late nights mean that I need to get up at 5 AM to get in a workout before work. I HATE waking up so early, but feel so good being done before my family has woken up.

My workout tonight was great! Kelly is an amazing instructor and never lets me slack. I love that about her. There was another friend in class tonight who pushed me each time I thought about giving up. Using my trust heart rate monitor, I know that I burned 630 calories. Not too shabby for a 55 minute workout.

In some sick sort of way, I am super excited to be recording again. I like to record. I like to know exactly how much I am eating. I like measuring my food. It like a super fun challenge. Can anyone suggest a good doctor? :)

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.