Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sciatica Pain

Do you suffer from sciatic pain? I do and it is a pain in the butt. (Yep, pun intended.) Since I became pregnant with my first child, the pain has been consistent. It is almost always worse around "that" time of the month. Since I started going to the chiropractor there has been a huge decrease in the severity of the pain. This month is the exception to that new rule. I was adjusted yesterday and am still in intense pain today. I struggled to make my way through a class at the gym tonight and was able to make modifications, but was not at all pleased with my workout. Massage therapy has helped in the past, but work is super busy tomorrow and hubby has to work early. I don't see a massage in my future... :(

On Tuesday I finished Stage 2 of New Rules of Lifting. I am feeling really strong. Today at work I was lifting some boxes off of a high shelf. I put these boxes up in October and was amazed at how heavy they felt in October and how light they felt today!

I continue to notice increased defention in my arms, thighs, and abs. The thin lines in my abs are starting to become defined lines. Don't read too much in to this- I am not "ripped" nor am I sporting a "6-pack", but my body is changing and it's exciting! When I do ab work I can actually feel my abs working. I use to take classes and the instructor would say something like, "You should feel the muscle contract while doing (insert random ab exercise)". I thought that they were crazy. I felt nothing. I now understand what they were talking about! I should be starting Stage 3 tomorrow night, but if I can't get this pain under control, then it will have to wait until the weekend.

My eating has been less than stellar lately. The cool part is how horrible I feel when I don't eat right. My body is craving healthy foods. I need to give it what it wants. Life seems to be going so quick these days. I am looking forward to the weekend and getting some time to slow down. How about you? Do you have big plans for the weekend?

~Kari




About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.