Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Plank-no plank-PLANK

Stage 4 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women tells me to hold plank for 2 MINUTES three times. It actually says 120 seconds to try to trick me into thinking that it's not that long, but 120 seconds is 2 minutes any way you slice it. I have been dreading my workout all day long because I knew that the 2 min planks were in my future. End of my workout and here's what happened.....

Skinny chick: Are you timing your planks?
Me: Yep

Skinny chick: Can I do it with you?
Me: Ummmm, sure. I'm doing it for 2 minutes.

Skinny chick: That's a long time.
Me: Yep

Round 1- We both did the entire 2 minutes. (Yes, Kelly, I kept my butt down!)
Round 2- Skinny chick did 1 and a 1/2 minutes and QUIT! I did the full time.
Round 3- Skinny chick asked if I was really going to do it again. "Yep!". She looked at me like I was crazy. She did a minute with me and then QUIT. I did the full time.

When I was done with the last round, she high-fived me, and told me how strong I must be. *Major blushing* It was at that point that I was able to share with her about how I did 30 seconds for weeks....and then 60...then 90...and now 120 second. Whoop! Whoop!

Oh, I almost forgot~ before my plank series, I did 8 FULL push-ups X3. (Yes, Kristi, I adjusted my form so that my shoulders were over my wrists and the work was in my chest!)

I have been so blessed with some amazing instructors over the past two years. I have learned so much. I am getting strong. Exciting things are happening. 1/2 marathon training starts next week. :)

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.