Sunday, September 15, 2013

Is Onederland Possible???

In weight loss world reaching Onederland seems to be one of those BIG goals. People cheer. Something magical happens when you are suddenly, or not so suddenly, below 200 pounds. I had to dig deep into my blog to find that magical day. I finally found the post on January 10, 2011. 197 pounds. I was 30 pounds away for a "healthy" BMI. 

Do you ever go back and read old posts? I think it should be a requirement for bloggers. :) There are a few of you that have been reading my blog since the beginning. Looking back at those posts from 2011 made me laugh. I was complaining about the same things- fluid retention, I hate recording, why can't I be skinny. 

I continue to record my food, I'm still diet coke free, I've replaced my yummy creamer with plain old milk. I'm down to 209 from my highest gain of 216. Good things are happening and yet it's still not enough. I want to be under 200 again, BUT I want to be under 200 without having to starve myself. I want to be under 200 without getting dizzy all the time. I want to be under 200 and still be able to go out with friends without worrying constantly about the food. I want to be under 200 and live a normal life. 

Is that possible? 

I got down to 193 eating 1200 calories a day and exercising 6 days a week. My hair was falling out, my nails were brittle, I was under nourished, I survived on wheat thins and cheese sticks. 

Is it possible to be in Onederland while maintaining a normal calorie range and healthy (non obsessive) exercise routines?

Let's find out together.....

~Kari


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.