Me? I'll be participating in the 7SAR adventure race in Seattle (really it's in McClearly), WA. Never heard of 7SAR? Here's a description from their website:
7SAR - 7 Summits Adventure Race simulates the experiences and challenges from the continent's highest summits into one single 7-mile obstacle course race, including an optional 3-mile course. Competitors will attack multiple obstacles including Elbrus' barbed-wire crawl, Carstensz's Pyramid zipline flyover, and Everest's Khumbu Ice Fall's ladder.
At first glance I said NO WAY to a 7 mile race. I could totally run 7 miles, but not with things in my way. Thankfully I kept reading and saw the 3 mile option.
Reasons to get excited about this race:
- It's the 1st time in Wa! You will be a part of history.
- Free mud!
- Cool themed obstacles based on the different continents. The 3 milers only get to see 3 continents.
- Over 20 obstacles in the 7 mile race. Based on the course map it looks like there are 6 obstacles in the 3 mile race.
- A medal if you complete 7 miles. I thought about the 7 just for a cool medal, but am playing it safe and only doing 3 this year.
- Mega bragging rights!
- Another opportunity to prove to yourself how far you've come.
COME RACE WITH ME!!!!!
The race directors have given me a free entry to this race for myself and one of give away to one of you! This one is easy to enter. Tell me where you'd like to travel if you could visit any continent and you will be entered to win. I will draw a name at random next Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8 PM PST.
But there's more! (In my best infomercial voice) I also have discount codes for people that don't win or don't want to wait to win:
3 mile course: $35 off with code BLOG35
7 mile course: $70 off with code BLOG70
What are you waiting for????
* Please note that there is a $15 required insurance. Winner is required to pay this fee.
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.