Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The "Cool Mom"

Do you ever use Groupon? You can get great deals on local activities at a fraction of the price. I LOVE a good deal. Several months ago they were running a deal where you could get 3 visits to our local jumping house for really cheap. I picked up one for each of the kids and tucked them away for a rainy today. Today was a rainy day. Yep, it's the middle of July. Yep, it's raining in the Pacific Northwest.

We got to the jumpy house for pop-in playtime, watched the not-so-informative safety video and were taken to the jumping room. Once in the jumping room the kids took off their shoes and were off and jumping. I settled in with the other mom's on the bench. Magazine in hand. I was ready to wait out the next hour. I didn't even open my magazine before the thought crossed my mind- I *could* jump for a little bit with Bug. Before I knew what was happening I was sliding down giant blow up slides, tackling kids in the ball pit, and racing through the bouncy maze. I was playing! I was jumping! I was that mom. The one that I use to sit on the sidelines and watch. The one that I started out this journey to be. The one that my kids can look forward to playing with at jumpy houses. I was feeling pretty great about this whole experience and then.......


As I was crawling out of the ball bounce house this other mom caught my eye. Her daughter had been playing Ring Around the Rosie with Bug and I. She looked right at me and said, "You are the cool mom". I AM THE COOL MOM! Can you believe that?

Losing weight is hard. Jumping around in blow up toys is super cool. :)

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.