Friday, July 1, 2011

Long Beach Vacation

Yesterday afternoon we rolled into town after a week long visit to Long Beach, WA. We had a fantastic time! The sun shone on our trip and there was only one day of really icky weather. If you know anything about the ocean in the northwest, you know that the weather can be very ticky at any time of the year.

I am now able to cross off another activity on my "Must do now that I am skinny list". I rode a horse on the beach!
Getting ready to ride the horses....

  
  
My daughter is in the pink jacket!

There is so much that I can say about being able to ride on a horse... I kept thinking, "This horse has no idea that I use to weight 356 pounds". Sometimes I wish I had a sweatshirt that said, "Hey, did you know that I've lost all of this weight?" People are starting to get "use to" me being an average weight. Life goes on after losing the weight. People forget. The horse doesn't care. I just smile to myself secretly because I know and that's what really matters.

Other highlights of the trip include hiking a "difficult" trail to Cape Disappointment, playing in mud puddles on the beach, getting in 4 really good runs on the boardwalk, eating yummy ice cream, and loving each and every moment that I was able to be active with my kids in ways that were not possible two short years ago. I'll leave you with a few parting pictures.

We even built a campfire in the rain. I told Sissy to say "cheese" and she said, "miserable". :)

Playing in a huge "mud" puddle on the beach.

The family at our condo

  




About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.