Wednesday, October 5, 2011

5:30 AM Boxing

I did it! I crawled got out of bed at 5 AM this morning to attend the 5:30 boxing class at my gym. Getting out of bed was not as bad as I thought that it was going to be. I did go to bed early last night (before 10) and slept good. I knew that the class was going to be amazing. I've taken boxing from the same instructor during evening classes. The people at 5:30 AM are pretty intense. I am pretty sure that I was the most out of shape person there. I had to repeat the whole class, "At least I'm here. At least I'm here." I burned 580 calories in 55 minutes. Not too shabby! Will I continue to do early morning classes? I'm not really sure. It was fantastic to be done with my workout before the sun peeked out. I was STARVING all morning. If I do another early workout I'll definitely have to pack a heartier mid-morning snack.

The only down side was that my daughter woke up when I got up. She usually gets up closer to 6:30. It has already proven to be a long afternoon. Luckily, (for me!) I have Bible Study tonight so hubby will be putting her to bed. The upside is that since I worked out before school that left me the afternoon to blog and play a serious game of Candy Land.

That's all I got! Nothing deep for today, I got up too early :)

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.