Monday, October 24, 2011

Sickies

Yep, I'm sick. :(

I tried to deny it for several days, but after getting home from Step class on Saturday there was no denying the fact- I am sick. I spent most of Sunday in bed. I asked my hubby on Saturday night how I was suppose to do my long run on Sunday. He, as kindly as possible, told me that I wouldn't be running on Sunday. I mustered the energy to get in to work today, but don't think that I will be able to make it to Kick Boxing tonight.

For the average Joe it is not a big deal to miss two workouts in a row. This is killing me! I keep thinking- How am I going to make-up a 1200 calories increase that I am not burning off by working out for 2 days? I've reread my friend Kelly's post about a dozen times. I was already going to have to miss one (or two!) workouts this week since I have several late night events at work that will take me away from my regular schedule. Boo! I hate missing my workouts because I worry about gaining weight, but I also hate missing them because I hate missing out on how I feel after working out.

I'm tired. Ok, I just decided I can't go to Kick Boxing tonight.
What do you do when your sick? I've been eating a lot of soups and staying in my sweats....

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.