Friday, October 28, 2011

But I don't wanna....

When I was sick I took 3 days off from exercise. Then I worked out one day. Then I took another day off. Today is going to be busy for me and I knew that if I was going to work out that it had to be before work. I have a ton of options when it comes to exercise in the morning: classes at the gym, swimming, treadmill, and Kinect Your Shape. Last night I was trying to figure out what to do and I just couldn't choose. I've found myself, after missing a few workouts this week, not wanting to exercise. Exercise has become such a part of my routine that even the smallest interruption causes me to lose my motivation and momentum. I was complaining to hubby last night about how I didn't *want* to workout in the morning. He reminded me of what I already knew- that I *WOULD* feel better once it was over. So, I dragged my butt out of bed at 6 AM, threw on my workout clothes and did 40 minutes of step, kickboxing, and cardio intervals on my Kinect Your Shape. I had planned to do 30 minutes and then a mile run, but it was still too dark to run and I needed to get into the shower. Guess what? I did feel better when I was done.

I had some extra motivation last night. My friend Georgia gave my daughter and I these beautiful dresses. The one that I am wearing was a "sample size". That may not seem like a big deal to you, but to this girl that once wore a size 30, it was amazing to slip into a "sample size" dress. I'm a sample size! If that doesn't get you off the couch, I don't know what will! :)

Here's my daughter and I in our "fancy" dresses:

Have a great weekend!
~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.