Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Fun

Snow pants? Check! Gloves? Check! Hats? Check!
Mommy that can pull two kids on sleds? Check!
Today is what my weight loss was all about. We bundled up the kids and headed out. We don't get a lot of snow where I live, so when we do it's a major event! I decided to take the kids over to the school where there is a little hill that they can slide down. They had their own sleds, which made it possible for me to get a lot of exercise running up and down the hill...pulling them up the hill...running/pulling them halfway down the hill and then watching them slide to the bottom. Repeat for each kid for close to an hour. I was HOT and tired by the time they were done. After the hill play we walked over to the slide (we were at a playground after all) and spend another 30 minutes climbing up and down the very icy, snow-packed slide. Did you see that? We were sliding. I wasn't on the bench watching them slide. I wasn't telling them to walk up and down the hill. We did it together. The kids wore out before I did! :) I feel good today! I have to tell you that every class, every healthy choice, every minute on the treadmill was worth the past hour and a half with my kids! Here are a few pictures of our adventure....

~Kari




Noah (AKA Bug), 4 (and a half)

Lydia(AKA Sissy), 6 (and three-quarters)



The whole gang (Minus Hubby...he's still asleep!)











About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.