Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A letter to my legs

Dearest legs,
I know, I KNOW, that you are not use to running 2 days in a row. Thank you for getting me through my second run. I have some good news and some bad news. The good news? We did 3 miles yesterday and we did 3 miles today! The bad? We have to do 3 miles again tomorrow AND after our run we need to go lift weights. I know you're tired. I'm tired and we are just starting our 12 week 1/2 marathon training.

Dear legs, we can do this! It will get easier (Julia promised that it would!). Some people only run for exercise. Sometimes 5 or 6 days in a row. If When we finish our 3 miles+ lifting tomorrow, then we will get a rest day. Do you hear that? A whole day of rest. Then we need to run 4 miles on Saturday, but we will talk about that at a different time.

You are strong! You can do this! One leg in front of another and we'll get it done.

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.