Sunday, April 8, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training- Week 1

Well, I did it! I completed Week 1 of my 1/2 marathon training.


I did a smiley face each time I completed my run and a second smiley face when I also lifted! I even put a smiley face on my "rest" days cause those were hard for me. It's hard for me to let go of neeeeeding to workout six days a week. Highlights from this week include running 3 days in a row (which I've never done before) and finally setting a sub 11 minute pace on my Saturday long run (10:59/mile pace). I tried doing some timed run/walks on Saturday and felt pretty successful. I'd run for 4 minutes and walk for 1.

For cross training, I plan on swimming on Sundays. Today is Easter and there was no way I could fit in a swim. I decided to do some interval training. I did each exercise for one-minute, followed by a 30 second rest. The exercises I did were: jumping jacks, ski moguls, side kicks, squats, jump rope, burpees, mountain climbers, and football runs. Whew! That was tough. I did each round of exercises 3 times. It felt great. I love it when I am able to torture myself in such a grand way. :)

Week 1 wasn't too bad, but that's because I was on Spring Break. I am a little worried about fitting in my runs during a "regular" work week. 

~Kari 

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.