Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My new chart




















Jen gave me a great idea! She wrote a few months back about having her exercise schedule blown up into a large poster to help keep her on track. I went down to Kinko's today and made this! It's my 12-week training program for my 1st 1/2 marathon. I technically started yesterday, but Monday's are rest day. Today was my first run. :) 3 miles in the rain and it felt great. I am hoping to continue lifting on Tuesday's and Thursday. This will mean a morning and afternoon workout twice a week. I gave myself 2 smiley faces for today since I did both my run and my NROL workout. There is a lot of empty space on my chart so I've decided to make it my very own vision board for my race. I will fill the white space on my board with things that inspire me to work towards my goal of finishing a half marathon on June 23rd. Coincidentally, that is also the day after the last day of school, so it's also my countdown to summer! I'm not sure how long I will be able to stick with the 2X a day workouts on Tues/Thur, but hope to keep liftiing as long as possible. I love how strong I feel when I lift.

Thank you everyone for your kind messages after my last post. The new bolt is in for the car, the creak in my neck is almost gone (I have the most amazing chiropractor in the world!), and my sweet, sweet daughter wore a necklace that her grandmother had made her to church on Sunday. I love that she has something that she can remember her grandmother by. My plan is to report once a week on my chart and mileage. This week *should* be uneventful as my long run is only 4 miles and that's what I've been doing on the weekends for a few weeks. I'll keep ya posted!

~Kari



About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.