Friday, May 4, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training- Week 4 recap

Ok, this will be super quick... I have been MIA from Blog world, but wanted to document my week 4 runs.

Tues-Wed-Thur: 3-4-3
Sat: 7
Sun: Cross train- body work resistance, swimming with the kids, Kinect Fit

The long run was tough. I hit mile 5 1/2 and hit a wall (right around 1 hour). I stopped right in the middle of the road and just stood there for what seemed like forever. Somewhere, down way deep, I was able to pull it together and finish the last mile and a half. It took me an hour and 15 minutes to complete the 7 miles. I got SUPER sick (read really bad stomach cramps and the runs- not the fun kind of runs....) and need a better plan for hydration and fuel during my next run.

I have a belt with a pouch and place for a water bottle to use on my next run. I am going to try these PowerBar Energy blasts on my next run (8 miles) to see if that helps with the post-run tummy issues.

My mid-week runs feel solid. It's nice to be in a place where 3 miles now seems like I am just getting started. The 1/2 marathon is next month and I am starting to get really nervous. Each week, an each extra mile, heightens my anxiety. I know that I can do this. I want to do it well.

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.