Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Injured

This normally positive blog is going to be interrupted with some complaining and whining....

My ankle hurts. :( I woke up several times during the night with pain. The morning didn't seem much better, but I figured that it was just stiff, so I headed out for my 4 miles. My husband sprained his ankle years ago and I dug his ankle brace out and put in on before lacing up my shoes. I've never run with a brace before and I can now say that I don't like running with a brace.

I could feel my ankle with each step and after getting a mile and a half from home, the pain became too much to bare, I did what I think any good runner would do. I stopped in the middle of the road, cried, and then talked to my ankle. My ankles carried me at 356 pounds, why, why, why would they not be ok at 190ish pounds. (I have no idea what I weigh, but that's another post entirely!) Yes, I did run 8 miles on Saturday and another 3 yesterday. Yes, we are in state testing and I am pretty sure I did a few miles running all over school yesterday supporting kiddos and teachers alike. BUT, I am almost 1/2 the size that I once was. It is unfair of my ankles to complain now. If anything, they should be writing me a thank you letter.

I wish I could tell you that after a good cry and chat with my body that I ran the rest of the way home and set a new PR. Nope, not the case today. I walked home (quickly, but still a walk). My overall pace was a minute slower than usual. My ankle is swollen. I have a long day ahead of me and I am mad. I'm mad that I'm hurt. I'm mad that I might not be able to run tomorrow and fill in my chart. I'm mad that maybe I really am too large to be running so much and might be hurting my body. I'm mad that what seems attainable for so many others seems out of reach at this moment. 

~Kari


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.