Sunday, May 6, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training- Week 5

I ran a lot this week. It seems like that is all I am talking about, reading about, dreaming about lately is running. Yep, I dream about my runs. I go to sleep thinking about my route and actually dream about the different stops that I will make along that way. I am just about half way through my 1/2 marathon training and to be honest with you, am getting really tired of all this running. Come June 23rd, I will complete this 1/2 marathon, but I may never run again.

Here were my runs this week:
Tues-Wed-Thur (3-4-3)+ Shred class on Tuesday night
Sat- 8 miles (felt way better than 7 miles with my new fanny pack to carry chews and water!!!)
Sun- 30 minute swim

TMI ALERT!!!!! 


Ok, you've been warned....I have a huge running problem and I hope someone out there has an amazing solution.

When I get home from my long runs 4+ miles I have really bad cramping and diarrhea for hours afterwards (or until I take some Imodium). On this past long run (8 miles), I used chews and drank water during the run. I felt amazing when I got home (may have even teared up a bit when I rounded the corner to my house...), ate a great lunch, and then BAM instant life sentence to the bathroom.

Google "diarrhea after running". Come on, you know you want to. This is a common problem with not a lot of solutions. I eat light before my runs. I carry fuel and water for the run. I hydrate and eat low fiber the day before. I have read about some people taking Imodium before they even leave for a long run. This is pretty much the only thing that I haven't tried.

So....do you suffer from runners diarrhea? What have you found that works for you?
 

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.