Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Extraordinary

What extraordinary thing have you done?

I was asked this week what I've done that is extraordinary.

My mind immediately flashed to my kids. They are FREAKING AMAZING! I don't know what I did before them. They are an incredible gift.

I didn't answer my kids. I bravely answered my weight loss, but not just the loss, but rather the change in who I am. My answer was brave because these people didn't know my "before". They just knew me as me.

I lost 165 130 125,honestly I don't know. I lost a butt-load of weight.

I went from doing water aerobics to running half marathons.

I am down from a size 32 dress to a comfy 16 (or 14 in generous fits).

I now exercise for "fun".

I eat for fuel instead of comfort. (Ok, not all the time, but most of the time).

I use to run on the treadmill...at the end of the row...with my headphone all the way up. I now run with a group and even post my times for the world to see.

I continue to work towards my goals, even when it's hard and I don't always see results.

VERY small changes over time transformed me in to what I am today. I never, never, never set out to lose a butt-load of weight or complete triathlons. I just wanted to be able to use the regular scale at the doctor and buy clothes without a 3 in front of them.

My extraordinary came in making ordinary changes day after day.
My extraordinary came in waking up at 5:30 to exercise before work because the kids have sports at night.
My extraordinary came in having one slice of pizza instead of 3.

The extraordinary comes out of some very ordinary commitments.

What makes you extraordinary?

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.