Monday, August 18, 2014

Hill Repeats

I don't didn't do hill repeats.
I read about them.
I knew they were important. 
I didn't do them because they were "too hard".

Today I did some hill repeats.

They were HARD!

I still did them.

I felt amazing!
I didn't throw up.
I was giddy each time I climbed the hill. 
I ran home afterwards.

Thank you to everyone who was so supportive after my "big secret" announcement. It's always scary to put things out there that make me feel vulnerable. I don't know why, but am always surprised with the support that I receive. 

My food is starting to get back on track. I'm on my fourth day of tracking and feeling in control again. Thinking about how my food choices will make me feel on my next workout has really helped me to choose wisely. I love that my focused has shifted from what I weigh (I still think about it...) to how I am feeling. I have a doctor appointment on Wednesday and am dreading the "So, I see you've gained XXX pounds over the past year". Thinking about asking her to not tell me my weight. That being said, not knowing what I weighed 5 years ago got me to a really ugly place. I have recognized that I need to do something to get back in control and that I am doing something about it is enough for this check-up.

See you at the top of the hill. :)

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.