Sunday, November 14, 2010

You're still beautiful, a size 14 skirt, and goal setting

Back from vacation and I am happy to report that I was able to maintain my weight even though I had fast food twice this week and spent a total of 13 hours in the car over the course of 4 days. I ran 3 out of the 4 days I was on vacation and did a decent job of watching my food without the help of Spark People or my food scale. I went to visit my grandparents and spent 3 days hearing how great I look- a girl really can't get enough of that. :)

Since my picture montage I've had several people make a comment similar to this: You were always beautiful. This got me thinking. When I started losing weight I had one goal in mind and that was to get healthy. Over the course of losing weight I have discovered a variety of new body parts- collar bones, hip bones, and rocking calves. I also look younger and have a better complexion. I never posted my pictures for people to see how beautiful I have become. See, I always thought that I was beautiful. My beauty comes from Christ. I am beautiful because of who I am in Him. I posted my pictures because there is really no other way to document my progress in a way that others could truly understand. Hopefully I am not coming across as boastful or prideful. I truly am amazed at who I've become and want to celebrate with those who have been such a support to me.

On another note, I went to Macy's today for some new clothes. My 18's that I bought in August are dragging on the ground and I have become desperate for new pants. I made some great scores! I bought two skirts and a pair of pants for $23. The pants and one skirt are a comfy size 16 on super clearance and the other skirt is a size 14 (!!!!!!!) also on super clearance. The 14 is cotton and therefor stretchy, but as I explained to my husband, it is STILL a 14. Woot! Woot!

I've set a new goal- my new goal is to not gain weight between now and January 1st. I heard on the radio the other day that the average American gains 8 to 10 pounds between Halloween and New Years. I will still continue my exercise program, but have decided to give myself the slack needed to enjoy and not obsess over the eating season. That doesn't mean I will forget all that I have learned about healthy eating, but it does mean that I can enjoy Thanksgiving stuffing and not feel bad the next morning.

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.