Monday, March 14, 2011

Confession Time

I started a post last night about how I've reached a plateau, but the more I looked back on the past month the more I realized that the problem was not necessarily a plateau. Now, it might be partly a plateau- I am overdue. 166 pounds and I haven't gone more than 2 weeks without losing. A few weeks ago I decided to stop recording for a week. During that week I did maintain my weight loss, but gained (reacquainted myself with) a really bad habit. I became a *gasp* snacker again. I find myself walking past the jar of almonds and grab a handful without recording them as a snack. I eat half of my kid's sandwich because she isn't going to finish it. My favorite snack? A huge handful of Mini wheats. I measured out that handful and came up with nearly a serving size of cereal or approx. 200 calories.



Here's the problem with my snacking- it leads to MORE snacking and before I know it I am spending my nights knee deep in bags of chips wondering why I am no longer losing weight. Mindless eating is what got me to 356 pounds and I refuse to go back. I am going back to recording with fidelity. If it goes it my mouth I record it! Now, there are going to be days when I can't record, but that doesn't give me permission to abuse my body with excessive snacking.

My goal is to lose another 10 pounds before my surgery on May 9th. I plugged my goal into SparkPeople and am once again back on track. My goal is to be 180 by surgery. I am hoping that they will remove 10 pounds of skin from my stomach and arms putting me at 170 (a healthy BMI!!!) post-op and post excess fluids from the surgery.

Until next post, I am off to record my dinner....

1 comment:

  1. I'm a snacker too. I tell myself that they don't really count. The scale disagrees.

    Good for you for identifying the problem and being committed to changing it!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.