Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Overeating Spiral

Spring break has arrive at my house and with vacation typically comes overeating. I am staying home for vacation and can't even use the excuse that there are no healthy choices. 2 days into my vacation and I'm having to regroup and start fresh with my eating. I am definitely someone that thrives in routine. Being home has led to a lot of mindless eating. I walk through the kitchen and grab a snack. We are at the aquarium and I finish my son's chips. I'm not even hungry! I wake up and have a diet soda for breakfast with my mini wheats. It doesn't make sense! Something about being on vacation equals taking a vacation from my eating. I found myself eating peanut butter off of a spoon earlier today and thinking, "What in the world am I doing?". I wish I could tell you that I wiped off the spoon. I finished the spoonful. Again, I wasn't even hungry.

Bored? Feeling entitled? Rebellious? All of those play a factor in my overeating spiral. Here's the real struggle- I overeat at breakfast, for example, and then tend to overeat ALL DAY LONG. Again, it doesn't make sense, but it's how it goes for me. I'm not the overeater that eats a dozen doughnuts at one time, but I am the one that eats, and then eats 30 minutes later, and then... You get the picture. Here I sit- 167 pounds lighter and still struggling with the same food issues. Does it get easier? I still have bad days, but am able to correct my behavior and I no longer beat myself up for making these poor choices. Another thing that is really cool is that I am able to listen to my body and know that I've had enough food. When you are in the habit of eating what you body really needs it is very easy to tell when you've been overeating.

Tomorrow is a new day with new eating challenges and I am really to make choices that will propel me towards my goals!

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I know this feeling. I can say with time it gets less and you feel more sure of yourself. Just keep doing what you're doing. You look terrific!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.