Friday, November 18, 2011

Keep on keeping on

Bleh! What a long week!!! The good news is that I was able to get in workouts on all but one day this week. My workouts weren't great since I was unable to attend my normal classes and had to cut my swim short because I was super short on time. My weight is staying the same. up a few pounds. My responsibilities at work have change and it has me wound a bit tighter than normal. The scale has been between 194 and 197 on any given morning. The scale has been up or down the same 3 pounds all week. I've that weight fluctuations this extreme have to do with fluid retention.

I almost titled this blog, "Hello? Is anyone out there?" I've been debating about continuing to post on this blog. I often feel like I am talking to myself. I started to think about why I started this blog. When I was losing weight at a pretty steady pace people would often ask me about my journey and any encouragement that I might have. Losing weight can be a very lonely road. So, if anyone is listening, I want you to know this.... It's not always easy, there will be days (weeks, months, years?!) where you don't lose. Sometimes it will be hard to fit in even a 20 minute workout. This morning I woke up way too early to work out because there was a movie night at my daughters school (when I would be working out). My very sleep child came out to ask me why I was up so early. She looked at my clothes and said, "Never mind, I know, you are taking care of your heart". That is why I keep on keeping on. I am teaching my children to live a healthy lifestyle. What motivates you to keep working towards your healthy living goals?

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.