Sunday, November 13, 2011

My week ahead....

Balancing life is very difficult! I work full time, work out 6 days a week, and am a Mom. Any of those three things could keep me busy all day long. :) This week is going to be especially busy at work. Hubby is working A LOT lately and that means that I have increased duties at home. I'm not complaining, just feeling a bit overwhelmed. My routine is "off" and that is stressing me out. My "normal" workout routine is impossible this week. Yep, I can get up early to work out....and it won't kill me. With the other busyness of the week ahead I hate the idea of having to go to bed so early.

Right now I am sitting on the couch trying to figure out Monday. I have a training after school. It's a training that I *want* to attend. If I attend that training, then that will mean that I can't workout after school. (Never mind the fact that they cancelled my FAVORITE Monday afternoon workout and I don't have a Monday workout plan as of this blog....) I know that I don't want to get up early tomorrow morning.

It's going to be a one-day-at-a-time kind of week. Tuesday looks good for a run. I could swim tomorrow morning.... Hmmm.... I have a cute new haircut that will require more maintenance than the traditional post-swim pony tail.

Why am I telling you all of this??? Sometimes people look at me and think that I've got it all together. That exercise is second nature for me. That I never struggle to get 'er done. There are weeks (like the one coming up) where the thought of fitting in exercise really does stress me out. I know that when I exercise that I feel better, am more productive, and am able to better balance my life. Knowing all of that does not make it any easier. Monday's decided- I am going to workout after dinner. That will probably mean playing Kinect Shape with the kiddos at my side, but at least I will get 'er done. :)

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.