Sunday, November 20, 2011

Moving the wrong direction!

The scale continues to go up. :( I know what to do. I know to record my food. I know to drink more water. I know the exercise. Considering my week, the exercise part has actually been OK.

I'm struggling with trying to figure out why I'm not doing what I know to do. There really is no excuse. Yes, life is busy, but that doesn't mean that I need a large bowl of ice cream for dessert. Yes, this is a stressful time of the year, but that doesn't mean that I need to drink soda instead of water. My food scale isn't broken and yet I haven't used it in weeks to measure out portion sizes. I've actually become pretty good at serving sizes, but struggle when it comes to salty foods (crackers, popcorn, etc). I've been on this journey long enough to know that when I am not giving my body the proper nutrition that there is almost always an emotional cause behind my overeating.

I have the power to choose what I put in my body. There is nothing preventing me from making healthy choices today. The best part of this journey is that we get a fresh start every single day. Today is a new day and I'm going to start it out by filling up my water bottle.

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.