Thursday, January 23, 2014

Back to Weigh-ins

Tomorrow morning I will step on the scale. According to My Fitness Pal I haven't weighed myself since December 4th. That's when I started giving up. That's when things got really discouraging. That's when it all became too hard. 

December was ugly.

January 10th was the ugly coming to a head. 

My plan was to get back to basics. Exercise and record. This time had to be different. I could NOT be the 1200 calorie a day girl. Not this time.

14 days later and I've been recording and staying (on most days) between 1800-2000 calories a day. I feel satisfied and even have hunger feelings between meals. It feels good to feel hungry. Not starving. Hungry.

Tomorrow I'll try on my jeans again. 

Tomorrow I'll record and exercise.

Tomorrow I'll weigh myself for the first time in over a month. Honestly I have no idea what to expect. I'm hoping to be under 220. I *might* not be. 

Some people may wonder why I'm even using the scale. For me the scale is a reminder of how far I've come. It's not the end all, be all. It's one measurement. It's a measurement that works for me in both accountability and encouragement. 

Promises about the scale:
- My weight tomorrow will not determine what I eat tomorrow.
- If I'm over 220 it does not erase the 165 pounds weight that I have kept off.
- The scale is only one measurement. 

Getting these promises out tonight will help me to focus in the morning. 

Tomorrow I will weigh myself. Record my weight and move on.

5 AM wake up call so that I can either run or make it to an class at the gym (learning towards a run...) 

I'll keep you posted! 
Thank you to everyone that has been encouraging me and cheering me on over the past few "ugly" week.

Looking forward!
~Kari


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.