Sunday, January 19, 2014

Owning IT and Moving on

I'm a week past the great episode with the pants and I have to say things are going ok. I've recorded for 9 days in a row (whoop! whoop!) and have only going over my goal of 1800-2000 calories once. Mad thanks to all of my new friends on MyFitnessPal. You are super encouraging. 

My once was last night. We went to see Disney Live with a few friends. The kids had an amazing time and we left with only 2 head injuries. Not too bad for 5 kids under 8. :)

After the show we decided to go out for dinner. I could lie and say that I wanted vegetarian and everyone else chose Johnny Rockets, but that's a big fat lie. I wanted protein. Earlier that day we went on a great 4.12 mile trail run that kicked my butt. I needed to replenish plus french fries sounded good.

I went to Johnny Rockets, had an original (without mayo) and fries, ate the entire thing, and then owned it. Right there in the middle of the restaurant I added my food to My Fitness Pal. I knew I'd go over. I knew it would make my chart look all wonky. It was ok. 

Sometimes people spend their entire lives feeling like a failure because they dwell on the setbacks or "failures" of their past. Eating a cheeseburger was not a failure. It was a choice. The control to drive there, order, and eat said cheeseburger was completely mine. I savored every bite. 

I'm on track with my plan. On Friday I tried on my jeans. Sadly, they are still really uncomfortable. The good news is that they did go over my hips and they did button. I felt like a stuffed sausage, but they did button. The jeans went back in the drawer for another week. Next Friday will be my weigh in. To be honest I'm really looking forward to it. I know I won't be that once dreaded, now-I-want-more-than-anything, 192. That's ok. No freak outs, I promise. 

Owning it and moving on!

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.