Monday, August 12, 2013

Back to Weights

Whoop! Whoop!

I found myself back in the weight room again yesterday. The plan was to return to lifting after my Tri this weekend, but once I decided that I wanted to get back into New Rules of Lifting for Women you couldn't keep me away from the gym.

I've missed lifting! I've missed lifting a little bit more ever few weeks. I've even missed running my arms and feeling new muscles emerging. :)

I decided to start back over with NROLFW in Stage 1. Why go back? I decided to start over again because I wanted to work beyond where I ended. Stage 1 workout A calls for weight squats, push-ups, bent-over rows, step-ups, and prone jackknife.  It doesn't seem like a lot, but I kicked my own butt quite effectively. 

The best part????? Ok, 2 best parts???? I was able to lift WAY MORE today that I did last time I started New Rules. Also, I am sore today. I forgot how good it feels to be sore. Not sore like hurt, sore like I worked hard. I love how I feel.

Balance. I've got to find balance between cardio and lifting. 
I can not invest more time in working out, but I want to do it all. 

~Kari


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.