Where do you work out? Gym? Outside? In your living room?
I prefer to be outside for my exercise (running, riding, crawling under barbed wire...you know, the usual).
During the summer it is easier to get in outdoor exercise, but once the winter weather hits I head inside for gym classes or hop on the deadmill for a run.
Home exercises are difficult because I don't have a lot of fancy equipment.
At Fitbloggin' I had the opportunity to hear about Sworkit. It is a website and an app that provides you with a complete training program that uses only body weight.
Do you use this app or the website?
I was given a code to download and try the Pro version of Sworkit. I was instantly impressed with the app. You get to choose your entire workout to tailor it to your needs.
- the duration of the workout (5 minutes to 60 minutes)
- the type of exercise (strength, yoga, or stretching)
There are videos that show you how to perform the strength exercise. No videos for the yoga sequences, but I did learn that they will be adding videos soon.
Here's how it works: Every 30 seconds you do a different exercise. After 2 minutes you get a 30 second rest period. With yoga and stretching you choose the speed so the time for that will vary based on the speed you chose.
The Pro version is only 99 cents- such a great deal! Why is the Pro better than the basic free version?
- It announces the exercises each time. I didn't think this was a big deal until I tried it with no sound. Having to look up at the screen every 30 seconds to see the new exercise is irritating.
- The pro lets you track your exercises. I like to see what I've done for the week and share it on Twitter.
- The pro offers bonus workouts that you won't find on the free version.
- You can skip the rest periods on Pro if you choose.
Guess what?!?!?!? I get to give away 2 codes for Sworkit Pro.
a Rafflecopter giveaway