Friday, February 25, 2011

Learning to Trust Myself- day 3

Today was interesting. I didn't really struggle with the idea of not recording as I have in days past, but I did struggle with portion control tonight. I've been feeling good and making great choices over the past few days. I had a great workout after school today and made it home before the sun was down. We were planning on ordering pizza. I had hubby pick up some salad at the store so that I could have a huge salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing along side my pizza. If I was recording I would have easily stopped at one slice of pizza. It would have put me in my calorie and fat range. The sodium alone usually stops me from having another piece of pizza! Well, I wasn't recording today and ended up having 1 and a half pieces of pizza. That half a piece really isn't that big of a deal, but it was the thinking behind the eating that concerns me. I was putting the pizza away and thought "Oh, I've worked hard today. I deserve this piece of pizza." As I was eating the piece I was processing that comment and thought "That's crazy! Food is fuel. It's not something that you deserve. It has no ability to reward you." I ate the pizza. I'm not betting myself up about the 1/2 slice, but am very aware of the fact that I need to set limits for myself even when my food tracker isn't there to tell me to stop. Still a work in progress.....

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.