Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My diet secret!

I've been thinking about this post for several weeks. Want to know my diet secret? Are you sure? Do you really want to know?



It's YOU! My diet secret is that I have surrounded myself by amazing people that have been a support to me each step of the way. Here are just a few examples of people that have encouraged and supported me in ways that they may not have even realized:

~ There's the co-worker who tells me that I CAN wear my new heals to work and she was right! I felt so sassy wearing my new heals :)  I have many friends at work who have been such a support by their complements and encouraging words. My students have also been a huge support through this journey. Almost every day a student or parent comments on how much I've lost. I love getting complements that always seem to come when I am feeling discouraged with my progress.

~ There's the members at my gym and group fitness instructors that have taken a personal interest in me and my fitness goals. They are always willing to answer questions, never give up on me no matter my size, and are always changing up the classes to make them worth coming to each week. These people inspire me to live a healthier lifestyle and to continually adjust my fitness goals.

~There's my family. My husband who has allowed me to purchase every fitness gadget that I've "needed" through this process and has supported me though each and every pound. He is my rock on emotional days and my party planner when I meet my fitness goals. My kids that allow me to drag them to the gym on rainy nights when all they want to do is stay home. Nothing is better in this world than having your daughter say, "Mommy, I want to be as healthy as you when I grow up". They are what inspire me on those mornings that I just don't want to get up and work out.

~The online community- the people that comment on my blog, my friends on Facebook that celebrate my success and encourage me through failure, the people on SparkPeople who comment on my questions and help me celebrate when I reach my fitness goals. It's nice to know that there are others out there that have the same struggles. It's amazing how I've bonded with some people that I've never met. Today I wanted to give up on my run and kept thinking, "I really don't want to post that I didn't finish my run". I powered through my run by thinking about what clever status I could post after conquering my run.

My big secret? Surround yourself with people that support you as your work towards you goals. Instead of beating you up when you fall down they are there to pick you up, remind you of all that you've done, and encourage you to move forward. I'd love to be that person to everyone reading this blog. So many people have given and supported me throughout my journey and I am continually on the lookout for ways that I can support others.

As my friend Patricia would say~ MUAH!

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.