Friday, February 18, 2011

What's your motivation?

Today was on of those "blah" kind of days. It didn't start out that way. I was thrilled to find out yesterday that I was a SparkPeople Motivator. I've been using SparkPeople for almost 2 years and was so honored to be showcased as a Motivator for losing 166 pounds. It's nice to be noticed! Around noon the "blahs" hit. Lunch was blah. My afternoon classes were blah. Blah! Blah! Blah!

After work today I was scheduled to go on my run. Lucky for me Hubby was home when I go home from work or I am almost positive that my run would not have happened. I got home and was still feeling blah. I didn't want to run today because I felt blah. He asked me what was causing my blahs and I really couldn't tell him. He asked me if the scale said something mean to me. He knows me SO well! No, the scale did not say anything mean to me. THEN, do you know what he said?!?!

"Get out there are run! You always feel better after you run."

So, what did I do?

I ran...
and then...
I felt better.  

Today my motivation was my husband. I've told him before to not let me off the hook just because I am being lazy and today he kept his promise.

I'm wondering what motivates you on the days that you are feeling blah and just don't want to?

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.