Sunday, May 15, 2011

Itching!

Have you ever had a scratch that you can't quite itch? My whole body is itching! I have been taking Benadryl every 4 hours for the last two days and I can't seem to get rid of this itching. My incisions itch! My stomach itches! The side of my arms itch! Wanna scratch?

When I had my babies via c-section I had a similar reaction following surgery. I *think* that I must be allergic to the tape used during surgery and on the gauze pads in recovery. I've stopped taping on my gauze pads since Friday and the rash seems to be getting a little bit better. I am going in to the doctor on Monday to (hopefully!) get these two drain tubes removed. My plan is to ask the nurse if there is anything else she would suggest for the itching.

A cool shower does help for a while, but with these tubes taking a shower is A LOT of work. What about you? Do you have any great home remedies that help when you have an itch that you just can't seem to scratch?

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.