* No, I can't donate my skin. :(
* The surgery will take approximately 4 hours and then an hour in recovery.
* He thinks that he will remove approximately 5 pounds of skin. I feel a bit jipped by this number. 5 pounds? Ugh! That doesn't seem worth it. On the other hand 5 pounds no longer literally HANGING on my body will probably feel significantly different.
* The drains really will be in for 5 days. :( They did tell me that if the bleeding stops sooner than that that I can call and they will remove them early.
* I had him show me again where he will be cutting. He took my whole mid-section in his hands and said that "all of this" will be gone. Niiiice! There was a lot in that "all of this".
I keep getting asked if I'm excited about my surgery. I am excited, but I am also still very nervous. This is a routine surgery, but not routine for me. I am confident that this is a great decision for me. I am excited to see the results. I am a little bit giddy about missing work for 3 weeks.
Excited? Yes! Nervous? Yes!
On another note- I am still loving my new weight training routine. I am hoping to have hubby take measurements in the new few days to update you on my lifting progress.