Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lifting Weights- A Month Later

Last month I wrote about starting to lift weights as part of my workout routine. For the past month I have been lifting 3 times a week before each of my aerobic classes at the gym. Not to brag, but I am super pleased with my results.  
I have gained 1.2 pounds in the last month. I'm not normally excited about gaining weight, but in the past two weeks I have not been recording, not always making wise choice and have been able to maintain. I've been living. I count that as success! :)

I had hubby measure me this morning and was a bit surprised to see that I had gained inches. I have been getting many compliments lately about my ever changing figure and was fully expecting a significant loss.

Wait!

I'm suppose to be losing inches!

I gained in my chest and in my thighs. I've decided that the increase inches is due to my larger muscles. (This is where you envision me flexing and making a tough girl sound!) When I first started lifting I wasn't able to do more than 3 push-ups without going on to my knees. On Monday I did 3 sets of 10 push-ups and they were all real, full on, knees off the ground push-ups. When I first started lifting I was squatting 40 pounds (3 sets of 15). On Monday I squatted 80 pounds (3 sets of 10)! Whoop! Whoop! Oooohhh! I almost forgot the best part- I can know do prone jacknives! Not only can I do them, but I can do them really well.


I almost done with Phase 1 of my program. I'll have to take a time-out from lifting to recover from my surgery. I look forward to being able to get back to lifting in the very near future. I'm super stoked about the changes that I am seeing in my body and how I'm able to do things that just a month ago I wasn't able to accomplish.




1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you that you're weight lifting. I think you will see huge changes in your body. Just remember after surgery to take all the time you need to recover before you go back to weight lifting (I'd suggest 6-8 weeks). After my gall bladder surgery in 2009 I went back to quickly and I paid for it. Just a few days to go for you till surgery :) I'm excited for you all the way around :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.